The City of Albany is authorized by the US Department of State to be an acceptance Agent for passport applications. Applicants need to visit:
City Hall, Lobby
1000 San Pablo Avenue
Albany, CA 94706
Hours for Passport Processing (No appointment required)
Mondays: 8:30 am-6:30 pm
Tuesdays & Thursdays: 8:30 am-4:00 pm
Fridays 8:30 am-noon
*Passport Office is closed all day Wednesdays and Fridays after 12.
What Do I Need?
1. Check or Money Order for Department of State Payment (Separate facility fee may be paid by cash, check, money order, or credit card)
2. 1 (2x2) Colored Passport pictures (our facility does NOT take photos)
3. Adults need picture ID such as DMV driver license or DMV issued ID card
4. Social Security Number of the applicant.
5. Birth Certificate
- An adult, with an old passport as your proof of Citizenship, you bring your old passport, no birth certificate required.
- A child 15 and under, and has an old passport, both the passport and birth certificate are required and both parents must be present with the child.
- A child renewing 16 years old or older, only the old passport is required unless lost, then a birth certificate is needed and only one parent needs to be present with the child.
Where to apply if you need a birth certificate:
Born in California (Except Birth Certificates for the City of Berkeley, CA)
For Berkeley: The correct address is: 1947 Center Street, Berkeley, CA 94704. Telephone: (510) 981-5320.
Born outside California
5. Appropriate Passport Application (Read carefully and select from the following)
- ADULT Application (State Department Form DS 11):
- ADULT Application (State Department Form DS 82 Renewal Form):
- You have a CURRENT or EXPIRED LESS THAN 5 YEARS, use form #DS82 Application. If you can answer yes to the questions on the front of the DS 82, it is a self-mailer sent to the address at the bottom of page 2. Do not bring this to our office. The full instructions are on page two of the multi-part form.
- CHILD Application (State Department Form DS 11):
(Also see birth Certificate and old passport requirement below under Birth Certificate)
- Applying for a child 15 and under:
BOTH PARENTS ARE US CITIZENS, use DS 11 Application
One or more PARENT IS NOT A US CITIZEN, use DS 11 and bring non citizen parent’s Green Card or passport with Visa
- Applying for a child 16-17:
BOTH PARENTS ARE US CITIZENS, use DS #11 Application
One or more PARENTS IS NOT A US CITIZEN,use the form and bring non citizen parent’s Green Card or passport with Visa.
I wish to report a website problem.