Any Albany resident may submit content to be played on KALB 33 Community Access Television. Albany residents may also sponsor content produced by people outside of Albany. For a PDF Version of this information, click here.
It’s easy to submit your program:
Two to three weeks before you would like your program to air*, bring the following to the KALB 33 office at the Albany Community Center, Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.:
- Your correctly labeled DVD
- A completed KALB Submissions Form
- Proof of residence (copy of driver's license, utility bill, etc.)
*Exception: To air time sensitive or emergency cablecast programs sooner, you must make arrangements with the programming coordinator.
Please label your DVD and jewel case correctly
DVDs: Label disk and the jewel box (Note: DVDs must auto-play without menus)
The following information must be included with your submission:
- In-point: the exact number of seconds from the very beginning of your tape that your program begins
- Show length/Total Running Time (TRT): the length of your program from the very first second that should show on-air to the last second to be shown (please be exact)
- Title of program in bold black marker. If your program is part of a series, include the Series Name, Episode #, and Episode Title.
- Your name and phone number
Make sure the program on your DVD follows these guidelines:
- Only one program per DVD.
- Start your program (in-point) exactly 60 seconds from the beginning of the tape. We recommend that you record 60 seconds of colorbars and black or slate when you record or dub your on-air tape.
- Record at least 1 minute (60 seconds) of black at the end of your program. You can record your audio in mono or stereo.
Pay attention to legal considerations:
If you did not produce the tape yourself, make sure you have the rights or permission of the videomaker. You are legally responsible for any rights infringement and the content of the tape, including music. If you have any questions, contact KALB’s programming coordinator.
Here’s how your program will be scheduled:
- Your program will be scheduled for cablecasting at least two weeks in advance, on a first-come, first-serve basis, according to availability of slots and the length of the program.
- Only one replay is guaranteed. However, when it is possible, each half-hour or one-hour program will air three times within one week. Longer programs may be scheduled to air two times during the week.
- If you have specific scheduling needs (e.g., if the show is tied to a special event or date), please contact the programming coordinator three weeks before the event or date.
- Each program produced at KALB is entitled to two cablecasts in the year it is produced. Other programs are entitled to one cablecast in the year they are submitted. KALB may preempt any program scheduled to be cablecast on KALB to permit the presentation of timely or special programs. We will attempt to notify the producer/provider of a pre-empted program in advance.
Make sure people know about your program!
Contact KALB’s programming coordinator to find out when your program will air. Then publicize your airdates! Make a flyer, post it at community centers, have it announced in a newsletter or Albany Patch, call and email all your friends.
City of Albany Cable Services Supervisor
1249 Marin Ave
Albany Ca 94706